|June 29 – July 2, 2015, the Department of Physics at the Faculty of Fundamental Sciences hosted the International Scientific Conference “Physical Interpretations of the Relativity Theory - 2015”. The conference agenda includes over 80 reports given by representatives of the leading scientific schools from 10 countries, such as the United States of America, the United Kingdom of Great Britain, the Netherlands, Romania, Italy, Pakistan, France, China, and Russia. The conference was dedicated to the 50th anniversary of the Faculty of Fundamental Sciences and Educational Complex at BMSTU and the 110th anniversary of the first foundational works by Albert Einstein. The information on the conference is available at http://pirt.info/.|
At BMSTU, research is carried out in all fields of fundamental sciences. Hundreds of research projects conducted by the Faculty of Fundamental Sciences are supported by various organizations.
A large portion of this support comes from government grants (from all branches of the Ministry of Defense, the Department of Energy, and the Russian Academy of Sciences). These grants are provided not only to purchase some laboratory equipment, but also to award students’ scholarship and to support graduates’ research.
Scientific research is carried out in the following fields of Technical Physics:
· Creation of an experimental interferential gravitational antenna model;
· Analysis of kinetic processes in physical media;
· Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy of contaminants in water, soil, and air;
· Non-linear optical effects of moving media;
· Combinational light scattering and photoluminescence laser spectroscopy;
· New nanostructured Fe-Nd-B alloys applied in the electrical engineering industry;
· Search for space anisotropy, quest for scalar bosons.
Applied Mathematics Research Areas
Research covers the following fields of applied mathematics:
· Differential equations;
· Probability, mathematical statistics, mathematical theory of reliability;
· Operations analysis;
· Functional analysis and algebra;
· Continuum mechanics;
· Theory of atomic and R-functions, wavelets, fractals;
· Mathematical simulation of non-stationary thermomechanical processes;
· Micromechanical models of high-intensity thermal deformation of composites;
· Overhead power line cable dynamics influenced by non-stationary aerodynamic loads;
· Hydroelastic dynamics problems of a rigid body deformed in a current;
· Analytical issues of the infinite-dimensional distributions theory;
· Non-linear dynamical systems and control processes;
· Invariant compact sets of dynamical systems;
· Discrete-time linear descriptor systems;
· Stochastic theory of anisotropic robust control;
· Parity in the theory of knots and graph-links.
Mathematics and Computer Science Research Areas
Research is conducted in the following fields of mathematics and computer science:
· Multiscale modelling of composite materials and nanomaterials;
· High-speed gas flow modelling;
· Modelling of gas flow regimes in the air intake duct of a supersonic ramjet engine;
· Supercomputer reliability modelling of complex engineering structures, including nuclear power systems;
· System diagnostics, forecasting, and reliability.
"Филологический факультет МГУ им. М. В. Ломоносова приглашает принять участие в заседаниях 12-й международной конференции "Research and Practice in Multidisciplinary Discourse" 1-2 октября 2015 года.